Now, that you have approved for our Affiliate program, you can access our various links to use on your website or social media channels.
To use our pre-generated links, Log in to your Linkshare account here. Then go to Links > Get Links > select Udemy > Links > select the link type.
We offer a variety of link types in our program. These links contain the affiliate code and other information that will ensure that you receive proper commissions for any sales generated when one of your site visitors clicks through our website.
Here are the link types you can use:
Text/Email Links - These links are in HTML code. You can add them to emails or use them in articles. You can change the final text visible as well by editing the test in the 'Link Code' box.
This is an example of a Text/Email link:
Product Links - Recommend a particular Udemy to your visitors by linking directly to it. You may use the product text link, the product image link, or both.
This is an example of a Product link:
Banner/image - Available in different sizes. Linkshare shows them as HTML code you can copy and paste. Banners are not specific to a course, they often send people to our Home Page, Udemy.com, or to a specific category
This is an example of a Banner link:
Not what you are looking for? If you can't find the affiliate links you are looking for in the pre-generated links we have available on Linkshare, you can create your own links using the Deep Linking tool.
- Log in to Linkshare here. Go to Links > Deep Linking > select Udemy from the advertiser drop-down menu. Browse our site to find the course or category you would like to promote. You can click Browse Advertiser Site on the right to find the URL of the course, copy and paste it in the URL field.
Important note: the URL field includes http://. After pasting your URL, please check to make sure http:// doesn’t appear twice in your link.
- Select the radio button for Single Link (to create one link) or Multiple Links (to create links for a list of URLs).
- To create a text link, select the Text Link radio button and enter the copy for your text link
- If your link includes an image, select the radio button for Image Link and copy the URL for the image in the Image URL field. To get the URL for the image, right click on the image and select Copy Image Location or Copy Image URL, depending on your browser.
- OPTIONAL: Adding a tag or U1 Value - Publishers who use Rakuten Affiliate Network Signature, may enter a U1 value. An U1 Value is similar to labeling or tagging your link. For more info on this subject, please see the "Guide to Signature Tracking" here.
- Click Create Link to generate the link code, which will appear below the Create Link box. Copy and paste the code onto your site, and you're ready for business! Your links will start tracking to the correct page almost immediately, and your activity will be listed as Deep Links in the Link Type Report and other reports.
- Always remember to test your affiliate link to make sure it goes to the page you want. To test your affiliate link, use incognito mode in your browser to make sure you don't have any previous cookies affecting your affiliate link test.
To create multiple links at once
- Select the Multiple Links radio button
- Copy the links into the field, one per line. You can create up to 50 links at one time.
- If you use Signature, enter a U1 value. If not, leave this optional field blank.
- Click Create Links
- Copy and paste the links to your site, send them via Email or export to .cvs file.
Tiny URLs - Links for Social Media
- Find the link you want to use and click Get link button. Make sure you use the tracking URL which is the first URL in any affiliate link which is within a set of quotation marks. Use the complete URL after a href = but not including the quotation marks.
- You can then copy and paste this tracking link into your favorite link shortener, such as goo.gl or bit.ly to use in social media promotions. By using a unique bit.ly or goo.gl link for each social media platform, you'll be able to see where your clicks are coming from in your bit.ly or goo.gl account reporting.
Run reports on your affiliate program progress
- In your publisher dashboard, go to Reports > Reporting.
- The Sales and Activity report is a good one to run regularly, as it gives you an idea of what revenue you're generating. You can also create your custom reports that suit your needs. Learn more about latest reporting tools >>